Mind mapping serves as a very helpful tool to organize ideas and increase productivity and creativity. Furthermore, the use of images and colors enhance your maps and really bring them to life. Not only are they pleasing to the eye, but they provide valuable ways to retain more of the information and expand on ideas.
Here are reasons that images and colors can help you to maximize your mapping experience:
- Using images and colors help you to retain information better than words alone. Our minds will attach easier to them, since they are “pretty.”
- Using different colors for the branches allow you to distinguish the branches from one another.
- You can use the same color for multiple branches to show relations between them.
- Images serve as symbols to represent additional thoughts and concepts.
- Using images and colors spark more interest and creativity when creating your mind maps. They can make you feel more excited about the topic as well.